- And grab some Fresh Hop IPA while you can, it won't last long. Easily the best beer I've had out of #Durham twitter.com/ponysaurusbrew… 2 hours ago
- RT @studiesincrap: "such a nasty woman" is the closest i've ever heard a real person get to muttering "tricksy hobbitses" 7 hours ago
- RT @AngusDwyer: If the alien Hillary adopted in the 90s isn't one of Trump's surprise debate guests then what even was the point of Trump's… 2 days ago
- Buffett for Pres? twitter.com/CNBC/status/78… 1 week ago
- Hiding in there somewhere is @DukeU BME Professor Jennifer West - congrats! twitter.com/NAE_DC/status/… 1 week ago
- "Priceless" MasterCard Commercial Formula is... Well.. Priceless
- Compound in Apple Peels Found to Add Fat; Don't Worry, it's the Brown Kind
- Why Large Male Appendages are More than Just Show
- Researchers Try to Create Cancerous Cells, Ancient Failsafe Says No
- Changing Your Body's Biochemistry by Thought Alone
- Want to know how to scam Amazon?
- Physicists Find Chemistry at the Surface of Friction
- Anything You Can Do I Can Do Better; or Can She?
- Could Large-Scale Urban Farming Actually Work?
- Is the American Dream Still a Reality?
Tag Archives: engineering
Whenever scientists want to separate specific particles from the liquid in which they’re found, it usually involves a fairly large centrifuge. In the laboratory, for example, spinning machines cause heavier particles to collect at the bottom of a test tube … Continue reading
I don’t profess to be a culinary genius by any means, but I do my fair share of cooking and the results are usually pretty damned tasty. My mother and Alton Brown have taught me well. And for all of … Continue reading
Screening for medical conditions is a tricky and often times misleading operation. For example, researchers recently retracted the recommendation that doctors regularly test men for prostate cancer using the prostate-specific antigen (PSA) scan. The reasoning was that numerous studies led … Continue reading
It’s happened to all of us. We’ve all dropped a cell phone or sat on an iPod only to hear a small crunch and suddenly become the proud new owners of a really cool looking paper weight. And when you … Continue reading