- Wowzers twitter.com/TriangleManNC/… 6 days ago
- RT @blkahn: RIP all other headlines and tweets about this study twitter.com/TheAtlantic/st… 6 days ago
- Worst episodes ever twitter.com/GeekFilter/sta… 6 days ago
- RT @voxdotcom: CNN's approach to covering politics prioritizes drama and spectacle over truth telling. https://t.co/5cw6zjKPtj 1 week ago
- Okay @WRAL are we not going to get to see @SNLUpdate tonight or what? 3 weeks ago
- "Priceless" MasterCard Commercial Formula is... Well.. Priceless
- Compound in Apple Peels Found to Add Fat; Don't Worry, it's the Brown Kind
- Researchers Try to Create Cancerous Cells, Ancient Failsafe Says No
- MacIver Builds Robot Fish (if only it were MacGyver)
- The Fallacy of Same-Sex Schools
- Want to know how to scam Amazon?
- Anything You Can Do I Can Do Better; or Can She?
- Physicists Find Chemistry at the Surface of Friction
- Could Large-Scale Urban Farming Actually Work?
- Stronger, Lighter Steel in a Flash
Tag Archives: Darwinism
A recent headline from Salon.com proclaimed the following, “In experiment scientists watched evolution happen.” Well, no shit, Sherlock. Scientists have been witnessing evolution in action for hundreds – if not thousands – of years. How do you think a flu … Continue reading
Humans aren’t the only species whose males place a big emphasis on having a large appendage. There are plenty of examples out there. Elk grow antlers, peacocks grow giant tails and rhinoceros beetles grow a ridiculous-looking contraption on the front … Continue reading
The amount of life’s complexity on the planet is astounding. Scientists have named and catalogued 1.3 million species, and with more than 15,000 new ones being added each year, that number has no signs of slowing down any time soon. … Continue reading
Men Wired to Provide for Children Who says that men don’t make good parents? Certainly not Christopher Kuzawa and Lee Gettler of Northwestern University, who have proven that men are biologically hardwired to provide care for their offspring. Once a … Continue reading
Parasites are no fun. They cause malaria, lyme disease, sleeping sickness and can steal the nutrients from your food if using your stomach as a hostel. But a new study has proven that they’re not all bad. They’ve given us … Continue reading
Evolution is a complicated business. At the simplest level, organisms accumulate mutations that either help or hurt their chances of reproduction. Over time, the helpful ones accumulate in order to give the organism the best fit possible to its environment. … Continue reading