- I just earned the 'Land of the Free' badge on @untappd! untp.it/19526AP 1 week ago
- What people from #ohio actually love. That includes #graeters #skyline #cedarpoint #GLBC #BW3 & more buzzfeed.com/bigkingken/20-… via @buzzfeeders 1 week ago
- RT @ColbertReport: "The #Obamacare roll-out is so bad that, by comparison, Michele Bachmann is a genius." on.cc.com/1fVspOC #Barackaca… 1 week ago
- RT @GeorgeTakei: These days, do be careful where you slide your wiener. (Subm. by Kirk Wells) http://t.co/YMsr62HYva 1 week ago
- Bullies must be good at hiding their torment. Teachers/students disagree on bully/victim pairs. bigkingken.wordpress.com/2013/11/25/bul… #uillinois #illinois 2 weeks ago
- Polygamy Sucks for Women (In Terms of Genetic Sexual Selection)
- "Priceless" MasterCard Commercial Formula is... Well.. Priceless
- ALS Antibodies
- New Type of Stem Cell Proven Vital to Muscle Health
- Did a Rogue Wave Sink the Edmund Fitzgerald?
- Could Large-Scale Urban Farming Actually Work?
- Fats vs Fiber: Which is More Important to Your Waistline?
- Finally, a Post on Cow Farts!
- Want to know how to scam Amazon?
- Badder to the Bone: European or American Teens
Tag Archives: University of Minnesota
A few days ago, I wrote about a study showing that it’s a-okay to give flu shots to children with egg allergies, which was actually up for debate since vaccines are typically produced in chicken eggs. I also mentioned that … Continue reading
So I just thought I’d bring up another plus about Big Ten schools today. Besides most all of them being in the top 50 in research expenditures every year, they’re also overwhelmingly state schools. Which means their cheap. Don’t believe … Continue reading
You use it, I use it, we all use it. Somehow, someway, our entire culture has become reliant on one single source for all of our information. Luckily, it isn’t Fox News. It’s Wikipedia. The popularity of the crowd-sourced encyclopedia … Continue reading
As the holiday season is now upon us, there is one topic that newspapers, magazines, news shows and blogs can’t get enough of – weight. With all of the gluttony partaking during this time of year, a lot of attention … Continue reading
This one’s pretty straight forward, folks. A new study from the University of Minnesota has – for the first time – analyzed every state’s rates for holding children back a year in 1st through 8th grade. Using the U.S. Department … Continue reading
It’s no secret that I’m a fan of basic science. Exploring the way the world works just to understand it better is a noble pursuit. However, all too often research won’t get funded unless the principle investigator can show evidence … Continue reading
Shocking news from the University of Minnesota this week; when women can’t find a good husband they tend to put more energy into their careers. While something that I likely could have predicted, the statistics to prove the point are … Continue reading
You know that feeling that you get sometimes where you feel like someone is watching you? Well, the entire world’s population of emperor penguins probably just got that feeling. And they were right. An international collaboration of scientists recently used … Continue reading
Living a political life in ancient Greek was a dangerous living, even more dangerous than vying for a spot in Congress in America today. Sure, your life is scrutinized, people making things up, the media is exaggerating or making things … Continue reading
I’m pretty sure that pretty much everyone in the world took notice of the developing air pollution problem in China during the last Summer Olympics. I mean how could you not? Stories were running all over the place detailing athletes … Continue reading