- RT @Eating_the_Burg: "Kept hearing the microwave ding. Skip this place and drive to the ocean. Or just eat burgers." eatingtheburg.wordpress.com/2013/06/19/cra…… 21 minutes ago
- @WDBJ7 and northbound 6 days ago
- Fucking 581 #Rke 6 days ago
- Anyone out there know when #Doritos & #MountainDew reach full nutritional potential? bigkingken.wordpress.com/2013/06/12/chi… 1 week ago
- #Chimps snack smarter than humans, know when to eat their prey bigkingken.wordpress.com/2013/06/12/chi… #bigtenscience #purdue 1 week ago
- "Priceless" MasterCard Commercial Formula is... Well.. Priceless
- Polygamy Sucks for Women (In Terms of Genetic Sexual Selection)
- Could Large-Scale Urban Farming Actually Work?
- Did a Rogue Wave Sink the Edmund Fitzgerald?
- Zombies in Thailand
- A Healthy Heart: Genetically Predetermined or Personally Determined Every Day?
- Want to know how to scam Amazon?
- Can Ants Help Solve the Energy Crisis?
- New Type of Stem Cell Proven Vital to Muscle Health
- ALS Antibodies
Tag Archives: University of Minnesota
A few days ago, I wrote about a study showing that it’s a-okay to give flu shots to children with egg allergies, which was actually up for debate since vaccines are typically produced in chicken eggs. I also mentioned that … Continue reading
So I just thought I’d bring up another plus about Big Ten schools today. Besides most all of them being in the top 50 in research expenditures every year, they’re also overwhelmingly state schools. Which means their cheap. Don’t believe … Continue reading
You use it, I use it, we all use it. Somehow, someway, our entire culture has become reliant on one single source for all of our information. Luckily, it isn’t Fox News. It’s Wikipedia. The popularity of the crowd-sourced encyclopedia … Continue reading
As the holiday season is now upon us, there is one topic that newspapers, magazines, news shows and blogs can’t get enough of – weight. With all of the gluttony partaking during this time of year, a lot of attention … Continue reading
This one’s pretty straight forward, folks. A new study from the University of Minnesota has – for the first time – analyzed every state’s rates for holding children back a year in 1st through 8th grade. Using the U.S. Department … Continue reading
It’s no secret that I’m a fan of basic science. Exploring the way the world works just to understand it better is a noble pursuit. However, all too often research won’t get funded unless the principle investigator can show evidence … Continue reading
Shocking news from the University of Minnesota this week; when women can’t find a good husband they tend to put more energy into their careers. While something that I likely could have predicted, the statistics to prove the point are … Continue reading
You know that feeling that you get sometimes where you feel like someone is watching you? Well, the entire world’s population of emperor penguins probably just got that feeling. And they were right. An international collaboration of scientists recently used … Continue reading
Living a political life in ancient Greek was a dangerous living, even more dangerous than vying for a spot in Congress in America today. Sure, your life is scrutinized, people making things up, the media is exaggerating or making things … Continue reading
I’m pretty sure that pretty much everyone in the world took notice of the developing air pollution problem in China during the last Summer Olympics. I mean how could you not? Stories were running all over the place detailing athletes … Continue reading