- I just earned the 'Find the Source (Level 2)' badge on @untappd! untp.it/18lbmGc 1 day ago
- I just earned the 'Journeyman' badge on @untappd! untp.it/IOwM28 1 day ago
- I just earned the 'Land of the Free' badge on @untappd! untp.it/19526AP 2 weeks ago
- What people from #ohio actually love. That includes #graeters #skyline #cedarpoint #GLBC #BW3 & more buzzfeed.com/bigkingken/20-… via @buzzfeeders 2 weeks ago
- RT @ColbertReport: "The #Obamacare roll-out is so bad that, by comparison, Michele Bachmann is a genius." on.cc.com/1fVspOC #Barackaca… 2 weeks ago
- Polygamy Sucks for Women (In Terms of Genetic Sexual Selection)
- "Priceless" MasterCard Commercial Formula is... Well.. Priceless
- Fats vs Fiber: Which is More Important to Your Waistline?
- Want to know how to scam Amazon?
- Finally, a Post on Cow Farts!
- Did a Rogue Wave Sink the Edmund Fitzgerald?
- If You're Thinkin' About My Fat Cells It Does Matter if They're Brown or White
- Could Large-Scale Urban Farming Actually Work?
- Zombies in Thailand
- A Healthy Heart: Genetically Predetermined or Personally Determined Every Day?
Tag Archives: University of Illinois
I’ve often wondered whether or not the cognitive differences amongst individuals causes us all to perceive time differently. Often you’ll hear about athletes “in the zone” who say that the ball flying toward them seemed to slow down, or that … Continue reading
Believe it or not, I’ve heard a lot about blood flukes recently. It started about a week ago during a pretty awesome episode of Radiolab. And if you’re not familiar with NPR’s Radiolab, you should be. A pretty well-known science … Continue reading
I think my new goal in life is to someday be involved in a scientific study that involves getting drunk. Every time I see a Myth Busters episode where the hosts do things like compare drunk driving to tired driving, … Continue reading
Ever notice how different types of stores have different layouts for their products? Take Walmart and Bloomingdale’s, for example. When you go into Walmart looking for a new table, it’s not that big of an ordeal. All of their cheaply … Continue reading
So I just thought I’d bring up another plus about Big Ten schools today. Besides most all of them being in the top 50 in research expenditures every year, they’re also overwhelmingly state schools. Which means their cheap. Don’t believe … Continue reading
For all of you folks out there looking to shed a little of the holiday coat that you put on from too many Christmas Ales and pieces of cheesecake (oh wait, that’s me!), here’s an idea for you. Everyone knows … Continue reading
Slowly but surely, modern medicine is losing the battle to infectious bacteria. Blame the overprescription of antibiotics if you want for the rapid development of resistant strains of bacteria – have a sniffle? have some penicillin! – but regardless of … Continue reading
Lifting weights has some major health advantages to those willing to put forth the effort. But as it is with all things health-related, not everything is equal. Naturally some forms of lifting are more advantageous than others, depending on what … Continue reading
As Jeff Goldblum once said, “Life finds a way.” Despite all the odds and the harsh conditions found throughout our planet, science has yet to find an environment that is completely devoid of at least some sort of microbial community. … Continue reading