- RT @wunc: Contest Sends Teams On Video Expeditions Across #Durham, NC bit.ly/1ygNITI @TheHuntDurham 3 days ago
- #Bnrsci @yinzerscience restarting one in durham in a month - any tips? #bprs 1 week ago
- Up at 4:00 am to head to the airport. The things I do for #sciwri14 1 week ago
- RT @durhamdailynews: Hanging out in #Durham AND winning prizes? We're loving @TheHuntDurham! thehuntdurham.com via @DurhamChamber 1 week ago
- RT @edyong209: "There is a deep-seated fear among some Americans that an Ebola outbreak could make the country turn to science." http://t.c… 1 week ago
- Spotting Nuclear Explosions from Space
- Want to know how to scam Amazon?
- Polygamy Sucks for Women (In Terms of Genetic Sexual Selection)
- "Priceless" MasterCard Commercial Formula is... Well.. Priceless
- New Type of Stem Cell Proven Vital to Muscle Health
- Mentally Manipulating Objects Leads to the Later Manipulation of Numbers
- Gluing Nanoparticles into Crystals Using DNA
- Did a Rogue Wave Sink the Edmund Fitzgerald?
- Stronger, Lighter Steel in a Flash
- How Can a Redwood Grow so Tall?
Tag Archives: sleep
The scientific reasons behind the need for animals to sleep have long been a mystery. Outside of, “because they feel sleepy,” it’s been a pretty tough nut to crack. But thanks in large part to the technique of optogenetics, progress … Continue reading
As if the ethnicities in this country didn’t already have enough of a hill to climb, you can add one more brick to their burden. Minorities have crappier sleep – and less of it – than Caucasian nation. In results … Continue reading
Sleep Not an All-or-Nothing Event Finally, a good use for epilepsy patients! In order to monitor the sources of seizures of 13 patients at the Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center, doctors implanted 129 electrodes into 8 to 12 regions of … Continue reading
I’m pretty busy this week, so unfortunately I don’t have much time to put together a post of my own for today. Lucky for you, one of the best science writers in today’s media wrote a piece today about some … Continue reading