- RT @kathrynschulz: Amazing photos of a 13-year-old Kazakh girl hunting with a golden eagle: bbc.in/1qXqSLy Like outtakes from Phili… 4 hours ago
- RT @katewong: So cool RT @mocost: Litter Bugs: Insect sculptures made out of rubbish bit.ly/1ktknjK http://t.co/uAGhdvDjzz 20 hours ago
- RT @_GRRM_: You're welcome. 2 days ago
- RT @marynmck: XLNT. “@catherinebeary: George RR Martin joins twitter in the most epic way possible. #gameofthrones #got http://t.co/5RyNz58… 2 days ago
- I just earned the 'Land of the Free (Level 9)' badge on @untappd! untp.it/1neugBF 4 days ago
- Polygamy Sucks for Women (In Terms of Genetic Sexual Selection)
- "Priceless" MasterCard Commercial Formula is... Well.. Priceless
- If You're Thinkin' About My Fat Cells It Does Matter if They're Brown or White
- Why Large Male Appendages are More than Just Show
- Want to know how to scam Amazon?
- Could Large-Scale Urban Farming Actually Work?
- A Breathalyzer to Detect Much More than Drunkeness; How About Cancer?
- Peacocks Inspire Next Generation of Color Display
- Spotting Nuclear Explosions from Space
- Best Cancer Detection Yet Comes From a 'Super Sticky Suction Cup Ball'
Tag Archives: sleep
The scientific reasons behind the need for animals to sleep have long been a mystery. Outside of, “because they feel sleepy,” it’s been a pretty tough nut to crack. But thanks in large part to the technique of optogenetics, progress … Continue reading
As if the ethnicities in this country didn’t already have enough of a hill to climb, you can add one more brick to their burden. Minorities have crappier sleep – and less of it – than Caucasian nation. In results … Continue reading
Sleep Not an All-or-Nothing Event Finally, a good use for epilepsy patients! In order to monitor the sources of seizures of 13 patients at the Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center, doctors implanted 129 electrodes into 8 to 12 regions of … Continue reading
I’m pretty busy this week, so unfortunately I don’t have much time to put together a post of my own for today. Lucky for you, one of the best science writers in today’s media wrote a piece today about some … Continue reading