- I just earned the 'Lager Jack (Level 2)' badge on @untappd! untpd.it/s/b25601353 19 hours ago
- ICYMI: Many pygmy pops have adapted to jungle life ... but each through the use of different genetic modifications. bigkingken.wordpress.com/2014/08/25/pyg… 2 days ago
- RT @NerdyChristie: "The debate about GMO safety is over" - new study of GMO in feed finds no danger to livestock: forbes.com/sites/jonentin… 2 days ago
- ICYMI: Why peeing in the pool can (but probably won't) make you sick. It's #chemistry and #science! bigkingken.wordpress.com/2014/08/21/why… 2 days ago
- ICYMI: Exercise - it's not just for adults' brains anymore; boosts white brain matter in kids/teens bigkingken.wordpress.com/wp-admin/post.… 2 days ago
- "Priceless" MasterCard Commercial Formula is... Well.. Priceless
- Polygamy Sucks for Women (In Terms of Genetic Sexual Selection)
- A Breathalyzer to Detect Much More than Drunkeness; How About Cancer?
- ALS Antibodies
- Diagnosing the Problem - HIV in Africa
- Want to know how to scam Amazon?
- Chronic Mortal Danger a Performance Enhancer for Tadpoles
- Spotting Nuclear Explosions from Space
- Why Bugs Bite the Bullet for Brothers
- Is Evolution to Blame for Most Maternal Deaths?
Tag Archives: Purdue University
With the Masters scheduled to start up tomorrow, Tiger Woods is looking to complete his comeback by winning his first major since all hell broke loose in 2008. The one thing that seems to be holding him back recently is … Continue reading
Though most people are familiar with Murphy’s Law – whatever can go wrong, will go wrong – a lot of folks are probably much less familiar with Moore’s Law. That one states that the number of transistors that can be … Continue reading
Just in time for the upcoming showdown between the New York Football Giants and the New England Patriots is a post about the most popular game in America. And if you pressed me to name one thing that gets treated … Continue reading
People Can’t Separate Selves from Stupid, Expensive Things Are you a Mac person or a PC person? Pepsi or Coke fan? Bears or Packers? Asking someone what type of “person” they are is actually a pretty fair question. According to … Continue reading
A New Reason for Childhood Obesity A new study reported by the University of Illinois identifies another reason for childhood obesity – one that I had never really thought of before. Crime. The researchers asked children from two middle schools … Continue reading
Let me start off this blog post by saying that I think Purdue is one hell of a university. They don’t often put out press releases about communication, social interactions, weight loss or any other topic that is easily and … Continue reading
Combing through my reserves of awesome research story ideas from throughout the Big Ten, I discovered another interesting study regarding biofuels. It’s quite similar to the one posted yesterday, except this time the researchers are looking elsewhere for a natural … Continue reading