- I just earned the 'Land of the Free' badge on @untappd! untp.it/19526AP 1 week ago
- What people from #ohio actually love. That includes #graeters #skyline #cedarpoint #GLBC #BW3 & more buzzfeed.com/bigkingken/20-… via @buzzfeeders 1 week ago
- RT @ColbertReport: "The #Obamacare roll-out is so bad that, by comparison, Michele Bachmann is a genius." on.cc.com/1fVspOC #Barackaca… 1 week ago
- RT @GeorgeTakei: These days, do be careful where you slide your wiener. (Subm. by Kirk Wells) http://t.co/YMsr62HYva 1 week ago
- Bullies must be good at hiding their torment. Teachers/students disagree on bully/victim pairs. bigkingken.wordpress.com/2013/11/25/bul… #uillinois #illinois 1 week ago
- Polygamy Sucks for Women (In Terms of Genetic Sexual Selection)
- "Priceless" MasterCard Commercial Formula is... Well.. Priceless
- ALS Antibodies
- New Type of Stem Cell Proven Vital to Muscle Health
- Could Large-Scale Urban Farming Actually Work?
- Did a Rogue Wave Sink the Edmund Fitzgerald?
- Want to know how to scam Amazon?
- Badder to the Bone: European or American Teens
- Finally, a Post on Cow Farts!
- Fats vs Fiber: Which is More Important to Your Waistline?
Tag Archives: Purdue University
People Can’t Separate Selves from Stupid, Expensive Things Are you a Mac person or a PC person? Pepsi or Coke fan? Bears or Packers? Asking someone what type of “person” they are is actually a pretty fair question. According to … Continue reading
A New Reason for Childhood Obesity A new study reported by the University of Illinois identifies another reason for childhood obesity – one that I had never really thought of before. Crime. The researchers asked children from two middle schools … Continue reading
Let me start off this blog post by saying that I think Purdue is one hell of a university. They don’t often put out press releases about communication, social interactions, weight loss or any other topic that is easily and … Continue reading
Combing through my reserves of awesome research story ideas from throughout the Big Ten, I discovered another interesting study regarding biofuels. It’s quite similar to the one posted yesterday, except this time the researchers are looking elsewhere for a natural … Continue reading
What happens when you get a whiff of cookies baking in the oven, a pie cooling on the counter or even of dead cow being flame broiled outside a Burger King? Well, if you’re like me, there’s a definite physical … Continue reading
“An ice age here, million years of mountain building there. Geology is the study of pressure and time. That’s all it takes really, pressure, and time.” – Morgan Freeman, The Shawshank Redemption Rocks take a hell of a long time … Continue reading
So, partly due to laziness and partly due to the fact that Big Ten schools just pump out way too much cool science to cover – I’ve got a stockpile of aging press releases and research papers to write about. … Continue reading
Anyone who has had an experience at a Thai restaurant with a spicy-level-five entrée is well aware of the physical affects bestowed by copious amounts of crushed red pepper. More specifically, screaming, thrashing, wishes of death and the consumption of … Continue reading
There are some pretty crazy people out there. For example, the folks who believe that the World Trade Center collapse was a giant hoax but on by government. After all, weren’t those towers built to withstand the impact of an … Continue reading
Back in 2003, there was an epidemic sweeping the company flying on the backs of those tiny, lovable insects called mosquitoes. It was the culmination of several years of buildup, resulting in nearly 10,000 confirmed cases nationwide and 264 deaths. … Continue reading