- RT @wunc: Contest Sends Teams On Video Expeditions Across #Durham, NC bit.ly/1ygNITI @TheHuntDurham 3 days ago
- #Bnrsci @yinzerscience restarting one in durham in a month - any tips? #bprs 1 week ago
- Up at 4:00 am to head to the airport. The things I do for #sciwri14 1 week ago
- RT @durhamdailynews: Hanging out in #Durham AND winning prizes? We're loving @TheHuntDurham! thehuntdurham.com via @DurhamChamber 1 week ago
- RT @edyong209: "There is a deep-seated fear among some Americans that an Ebola outbreak could make the country turn to science." http://t.c… 1 week ago
- Spotting Nuclear Explosions from Space
- Want to know how to scam Amazon?
- Polygamy Sucks for Women (In Terms of Genetic Sexual Selection)
- "Priceless" MasterCard Commercial Formula is... Well.. Priceless
- New Type of Stem Cell Proven Vital to Muscle Health
- Did a Rogue Wave Sink the Edmund Fitzgerald?
- Gluing Nanoparticles into Crystals Using DNA
- Finally, a Post on Cow Farts!
- Mentally Manipulating Objects Leads to the Later Manipulation of Numbers
- How Can a Redwood Grow so Tall?
Tag Archives: geology
“An ice age here, million years of mountain building there. Geology is the study of pressure and time. That’s all it takes really, pressure, and time.” – Morgan Freeman, The Shawshank Redemption Rocks take a hell of a long time … Continue reading
Over the next 50 years, the world’s population is expected to increase by at least half. That’s an extra 3.5 trillion people who are going to need places to live, water to drink, energy to consume and – most importantly … Continue reading
Have you ever wondered what would happen to your city if an asteroid were to crash into the ground a few miles outside of the city limits? There’s an app for that. A new seriously cool website developed by Jay … Continue reading
Since 1989, Eric Calais, Andrew Freed and a host of additional earth sciences colleagues have been studying the complex network of geological plates pushing each other throughout Hispaniola; the island that hosts the countries of the Dominican Republic and Haiti. … Continue reading