- RT @TheHuntDurham: The Hunt in 5 words: #Durham's first video scavenger hunt. Learn more here: thehuntdurham.com #findfilmwin 33 minutes ago
- RT @Myrmecos: 10,000 Americans worried about contracting Ebola will die this year in car accidents instead. Because, math. http://t.co/rIv9… 42 minutes ago
- Get Mo' Graphene: Researchers find potential new way to create supermaterial wp.me/p15fqZ-y5 19 hours ago
- RT @TheHuntDurham: Welcome team The Thing Seekers! #findfilmwin http://t.co/JRrsYBfzJd 1 day ago
- Speaks the truth. RT @wilw: Every time someone backs into a parking space, Jesus kills a puppy. 1 day ago
- "Priceless" MasterCard Commercial Formula is... Well.. Priceless
- Want to know how to scam Amazon?
- Northern Aye-ayes give the middle finger to the rest of Madagascar
- Polygamy Sucks for Women (In Terms of Genetic Sexual Selection)
- Social Media Connects Political Youth
- Keep Kids from Having to Avoid Peanut Butter; Raise Them in the Country
- If You're Thinkin' About My Fat Cells It Does Matter if They're Brown or White
- 'Superlens' Extends Range of Wireless Power Transfer
- Best Cancer Detection Yet Comes From a 'Super Sticky Suction Cup Ball'
- Freshman 15: Fact or Fiction?
Tag Archives: engineering
Whenever scientists want to separate specific particles from the liquid in which they’re found, it usually involves a fairly large centrifuge. In the laboratory, for example, spinning machines cause heavier particles to collect at the bottom of a test tube … Continue reading
I don’t profess to be a culinary genius by any means, but I do my fair share of cooking and the results are usually pretty damned tasty. My mother and Alton Brown have taught me well. And for all of … Continue reading
Screening for medical conditions is a tricky and often times misleading operation. For example, researchers recently retracted the recommendation that doctors regularly test men for prostate cancer using the prostate-specific antigen (PSA) scan. The reasoning was that numerous studies led … Continue reading
It’s happened to all of us. We’ve all dropped a cell phone or sat on an iPod only to hear a small crunch and suddenly become the proud new owners of a really cool looking paper weight. And when you … Continue reading