- I just earned the 'Land of the Free' badge on @untappd! untp.it/19526AP 1 week ago
- What people from #ohio actually love. That includes #graeters #skyline #cedarpoint #GLBC #BW3 & more buzzfeed.com/bigkingken/20-… via @buzzfeeders 1 week ago
- RT @ColbertReport: "The #Obamacare roll-out is so bad that, by comparison, Michele Bachmann is a genius." on.cc.com/1fVspOC #Barackaca… 1 week ago
- RT @GeorgeTakei: These days, do be careful where you slide your wiener. (Subm. by Kirk Wells) http://t.co/YMsr62HYva 1 week ago
- Bullies must be good at hiding their torment. Teachers/students disagree on bully/victim pairs. bigkingken.wordpress.com/2013/11/25/bul… #uillinois #illinois 1 week ago
- Polygamy Sucks for Women (In Terms of Genetic Sexual Selection)
- "Priceless" MasterCard Commercial Formula is... Well.. Priceless
- New Type of Stem Cell Proven Vital to Muscle Health
- Could Large-Scale Urban Farming Actually Work?
- Badder to the Bone: European or American Teens
- Want to know how to scam Amazon?
- Finally, a Post on Cow Farts!
- ALS Antibodies
- Did a Rogue Wave Sink the Edmund Fitzgerald?
- If You're Thinkin' About My Fat Cells It Does Matter if They're Brown or White
Tag Archives: Darwinism
A recent headline from Salon.com proclaimed the following, “In experiment scientists watched evolution happen.” Well, no shit, Sherlock. Scientists have been witnessing evolution in action for hundreds – if not thousands – of years. How do you think a flu … Continue reading
Humans aren’t the only species whose males place a big emphasis on having a large appendage. There are plenty of examples out there. Elk grow antlers, peacocks grow giant tails and rhinoceros beetles grow a ridiculous-looking contraption on the front … Continue reading
The amount of life’s complexity on the planet is astounding. Scientists have named and catalogued 1.3 million species, and with more than 15,000 new ones being added each year, that number has no signs of slowing down any time soon. … Continue reading
Men Wired to Provide for Children Who says that men don’t make good parents? Certainly not Christopher Kuzawa and Lee Gettler of Northwestern University, who have proven that men are biologically hardwired to provide care for their offspring. Once a … Continue reading
Parasites are no fun. They cause malaria, lyme disease, sleeping sickness and can steal the nutrients from your food if using your stomach as a hostel. But a new study has proven that they’re not all bad. They’ve given us … Continue reading
Evolution is a complicated business. At the simplest level, organisms accumulate mutations that either help or hurt their chances of reproduction. Over time, the helpful ones accumulate in order to give the organism the best fit possible to its environment. … Continue reading
H1N1: The Holy Grail for Flu Vaccines The H1N1 “pandemic” of 2009 – I put pandemic in quotation marks because the whole thing was incredibly overblown in my opinion – brought fever, sore throat, runny noses, aches, chills, vomiting, diarrhea … Continue reading
Perhaps you’re familiar with the term, “addition by subtraction.” The term is often applied for athletics like when the New England Patriots got better by getting rid of the Randy Moss plague or perhaps to your diet by ridding it … Continue reading
When you hear the term evolution, what kinds of changes immediately come to mind? The mind-numbingly slow changes that occur throughout populations over the course of millions of years or the relatively instantaneous uber-mutation that rapidly spreads throughout an entire … Continue reading
Any idiot in the world knows that polygamy is a much better deal for the men in the society than the women. A free pass to run around with as many women as you can possibly attract? Most guys would … Continue reading